Job Description –Software Development Manager
Link Computer Corporation has an immediate full-time, Software Development Manager opportunity working with the Product Development group at our corporate office in Bellwood, Pa. We are looking for a Manager who will work closely with our dynamic team of developers as well as our Analyst Team. This position reports to the SVP of Operations for the company’s Muni-Link division. The person selected for this position will routinely interact with the senior management team as part of strategic planning and goal setting. We are looking for someone with 4+ years of applicable experience managing the development of commercial, SaaS software products.
- Must be an excellent leader and coach.
- Must be committed to quality, productivity and continuous improvement.
- Must have strong technical skills and a dedication to lifetime learning.
The Software Development Manager will oversee teams currently working in an agile process in these technical environments:
- Business Application Stack
- Yii Framework
- Apache Web Server
- MariaDB (MySQL variant) SQL Database
- Next Generation Web Application Stack
- Front End
- Vue.js framework with Nuxt.js
- HTML5, CSS
- Back End
- Node.js / TypeScript
- Serverless Framework
- AWS Cloud Formation with YAML
- AWS PaaS (Lambda, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Front End
- Infrastructure: AWS Cloud Computing IaaS and PaaS technologies
- Manage all the activities of the software development group
- Work with Business Analyst Team Lead, Product Management and Senior Management team to build product development roadmap.
- Direct and review work of assigned professional staff; coach, train, complete performance evaluations, and provide clear feedback and corrective action, as necessary.
- Foresee dependencies, risks, and issues and work with teams to minimize possible impact to schedule and quality.
- Monitor / manage ticketing process to ensure proper flow and priority of the department’s tasks.
- Ensure team process, norms, and standards are understood and enforced.
- Provides guidance and context to team members to ensure shared understanding and ownership of business goals.
- Produce monthly reports of key quality, productivity and operational metrics. Utilize metrics to develop continuous improvement programs and objectives.
- Evaluate emerging technology and trends and recommend adoption as appropriate.
- Promote open communication with other departments and demonstrate sound judgment necessary in performing all the duties of the Software Development Manager.
- Hire and train new development team staff.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science
- Professional software development experience
- Strong background in performance management, coaching, and mentoring
- Demonstrated technical leadership, troubleshooting and communications skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages, technologies and processes.
- Working in an Agile process using the Atlassian toolset is a plus.
If this sounds like the position for you and you have the technical knowledge and the desire for success, we want to speak with you today!!!
Please send resume and cover letter to:
- Excellent Benefit Package including
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Company matched 401(k) plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
Link Computer Corporation × 140 Stadium Drive, Bellwood, PA 16617 × 814-742-7700 ×www.linkcorp.com